Meyer Lemon Avocado Toast
I like to use this recipe when I have a ripe avocado that I don't want to waste. It is absolutely delicious and a wonderful source of fiber and fatty acids. Feel free to get creative with the ingredients! Substitute cilantro with mint or parsley, or chia seeds with sesame or poppy seeds.
Servings per recipe: 2
Calories per serving: 72
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 13m
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 Toast bread slices to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2 Mash avocado in a bowl; stir in cilantro, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon zest, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Spread avocado mixture onto toast and top with chia seeds.