Cream of Mushroom Soup I
Use the everyday mushrooms we find in our grocery store or use them in combination with some of the more exotic varieties. Experiment and have fun - All will be good.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 148
Preparation time: 20m
Total cooking time: 50m
- 5 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 In a large heavy saucepan, cook mushrooms in the broth with onion and thyme until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 In blender or food processor, puree the mixture , leaving some chunks of vegetable in it. Set aside.
- 3 In the saucepan, melt the butter, whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, half and half and vegetable puree. Stirring constantly, bring soup to a boil and cook until thickened. Adjust seasonings to taste, and add sherry.