Mauigirl's Smoked Salmon Stuffed Pea Pods
These are a cute and fresh idea for an appetizer or as a pretty addition to a festive vegetable tray. I used to steam the pea pods, but this uncooked method yields a nicer look without all the fuss.
Servings per recipe: 5
Calories per serving: 76
Preparation time: 30m
Total cooking time: 30m
- 30 pods fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried dill weed, or to taste
- 1 Split each snow pea down one seam.
- 2 Mix cream cheese, smoked salmon, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl until smooth. Spoon salmon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mixture into the center of each snow pea pod, creating a scalloped edge. Sprinkle dill weed over cream cheese filling.