Fat Free Refried Beans
- 2 cups canned black beans, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 In a small bowl mash 2/3 cup of beans to a smooth paste.
- 2 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining beans with the water. When heated through, stir in garlic, pepper, salt and liquid smoke.
- 3 Stir the bean paste into the whole beans and mix well. Stir in the onion and cook for 10 minutes, or until onions are slightly cooked.