Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Couscous
I've simplified this recipe for Couscous Mesfouf without losing any of its deliciously complex flavor. Prepare all the mix-ins ahead of time and it takes only minutes to make. Enjoy!
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 442
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 20m
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the butter, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds, and serve.