Cucumber and Tomato Salad
A refreshing, light salad for any hot, humid summer day! The kidney beans and tofu make it a great main dish for vegetarians, as well. The basil may be substituted with fresh parsley or mint. Be sure to make this salad just before serving.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 98
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 15m
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup diced firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cucumber, red onion, kidney beans, tofu, and basil. Just before serving, toss with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, and season with salt and pepper.