Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
A friend gave this recipe to me a few years back, and my family can't seem to get enough of it. It sounds strange with cream in it, but that just enhances the flavor and texture. This is a very easy recipe.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 656
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 45m
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 2 Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.