Frozen Margarita Pie
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 3 drops green food coloring, or as needed (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lime, sliced (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Mix pretzels and sugar together in a bowl; stir in margarine until evenly incorporated. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pie plate; press into bottom and up sides of plate to form a firm, even crust.
- 3 Bake crust in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4 Mix sweetened condensed milk, limeade concentrate, tequila, orange liqueur, and green food coloring in a large bowl.
- 5 Beat cream in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the whipped cream will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak. Fold whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk mixture. Spoon filling into cooled crust.
- 6 Cover pie with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving; garnish with lime slices.