Perfect for football games, this Wisconsin favorite sausage takes on a new life. Packer games will never be the same! Serve with your favorite beer!
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 627
Preparation time: 20m
Total cooking time: 1h
- 1 pound bratwurst sausages, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 2 Brown the bratwurst slices in a skillet over medium heat, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often; drain excess grease and set the sausage aside.
- 3 Melt the butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onions in the butter and oil mixture, stirring often, until soft and brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- 4 Spread the tortilla chips onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- 5 Spread the bratwurst slices, caramelized onions, dollops of refried beans, jalapeno pepper slices, and Mexican cheese blend over the chips.
- 6 Sprinkle with chili powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
- 7 Bake the nachos in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.