All-American Loaded Baked Potato Salad
This is a great twist on two all-American favorites--the potato salad and the loaded baked potato. Served cold, this has been a crowd-pleaser at our many family functions and is often requested. Even people who don't normally love potato salad seem to love this!
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 434
Preparation time: 20m
Total cooking time: 1h 40m
- 6 cups cubed russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip®)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 Place potatoes in a pot; fill with water until potatoes are covered. Add salt; bring to boil. Simmer until potatoes are just tender enough to be pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until potatoes are slightly cool.
- 2 Mix sour cream, creamy salad dressing, and ground black pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in Cheddar cheese, green onion, and bacon bits; add potatoes. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.