Easy Chicken Satay
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 10 (6 inch) wooden skewers, or as needed, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 Stir together 1/2 cup coconut milk, garlic, 1 teaspoon curry powder, brown sugar, salt, and pepper until the sugar has dissolved. Toss marinade with the chicken, cover, and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 2 Bring 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon curry powder, peanut butter, chicken stock, and 1/4 cup brown sugar to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and soy sauce; season to taste with salt.
- 3 Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- 4 Thread marinated chicken onto skewers, then grill 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with warm peanut sauce.