Blackberry Cobbler II
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
- 3 In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.
- 4 Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.