Italian Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata
Frittata is a great breakfast or lunch dish and with asparagus and mushrooms, it's extra tasty. It is started on the stove and then finished in the oven. It also tastes good reheated the next day.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 194
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 40m
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (9 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until it starts to sizzle, about 1 minute. Add asparagus and mushrooms and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pour in white wine. Discard garlic.
- 3 Mix eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour into the skillet over the asparagus and mushrooms.; stir gently. Cook until eggs start to set, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and transfer to the oven.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until frittata has risen and is set, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.