Southwest Egg and Cheese Boats
- 2 oval sandwich rolls
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Make a V-shaped cut in each roll, leaving the ends intact. Lift out V-shaped wedge. Hollow out rolls gently to make shallow bread bowls, being careful not to cut through the bottom or sides. Place bread bowls on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add milk; whisk until well blended. Stir in green chile peppers, Cheddar cheese, pepper Jack cheese, paprika, and salt. Pour mixture slowly into the prepared rolls, spreading evenly with a spoon.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until egg mixture is completely set and cheese is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before serving.