Rainbow Carrot Salad
This carrot salad looks absolutely gorgeous and has a sweet, subtle flavor. It's hard to believe anything this simple can be so delicious. Shaving the carrots is a little messy, I admit, but the dish is well worth it.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 81
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 15m
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Using short strokes with a vegetable peeler, shave carrots into thin shavings about 2 inches long.
- 2 Whisk olive oil, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, and cumin together in a bowl; pour over carrots and toss gently with a rubber spatula. Season carrots with salt and pepper; sprinkle with green onions.