Gluten- and Dairy-Free Vegan Coffee Whitener
A non-dairy, yet rich and flavorful, way to lighten coffee. The syrup gives this a creamy texture like the store-bought types, but without chemicals or additives. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Servings per recipe: 35
Calories per serving: 23
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 15m
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Stir coconut milk, almond milk, sugar, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, and vanilla extract together in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar is completely dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- 2 Blend coconut milk mixture with an immersion blender or in a blender until smooth and creamy. Cool to room temperature.
- 3 Transfer whitener to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.