Super-Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
I use this hearty recipe for my Super Bowl® parties. It's super easy and feeds a lot of hungry football fans. Serve on a large bun with some baked beans, coleslaw, and chips.
Servings per recipe: 20
Calories per serving: 414
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 9h 15m
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder (such as McCormick® California Style)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (such as Hellmann's®)
- 8 pounds pork shoulder roast (butt roast), rind removed
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce, or to taste
- 18 large hamburger buns, split
- 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 2 Mix brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Spread mustard over pork roast and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, using the entire amount. Line a shallow baking dish with aluminum foil. Place a rack in the prepared baking dish and arrange pork roast on rack.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until very tender, 9 to 11 hours. Let pork cool, then shred into bite-size pieces. Stir barbeque sauce into pork to moisten; serve with hamburger buns.