A delicious marinade for flank steak blending the flavors of crushed coriander seed, lime juice, and soy sauce. This marinade can be used well with other meats as well. Serve over rice or shredded Chinese cabbage and red pepper slices.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 183
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 1h 40m
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, coarsely cracked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 Place flank steak in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- 2 Whisk coriander, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ground ginger together in a bowl until marinade is well combined.
- 3 Remove steak from freezer and slice thinly across the grain. Place steak in a large bowl, pour marinade over steak, and toss to coat. Cover bowl and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 4 Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil.
- 5 Lay steak slices in a single layer on the rack of the prepared broiler pan.
- 6 Cook in the preheated broiler, brushing occasionally with marinade, until steak reaches desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for medium rare.