Cranberry Orange Bread
This cranberry orange bread is great for breakfast or a snack. You can also make muffins; just spoon the batter into greased muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees F (190 C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 312
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 1h 25m
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 8 1/2x4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 2 Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Stir butter into flour mixture until combined. Add orange juice, orange zest, and egg; mix well. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.