Spinach Chickpea Curry
A quick delicious Indian-style curry with spinach, chickpeas, onions, and/or whatever veggies you have. I have added cauliflower, potatoes, and sweet potatoes to this recipe in the past. All were very good. Serve with nan, pita or rice if desired.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 346
Preparation time: 5m
Total cooking time: 20m
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or to taste
- 1 In a large wok or skillet heat oil over medium heat; saute onions until translucent. Stir in creamed corn and curry paste. Cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes. As you stir, add salt, pepper and garlic.
- 2 Stir in garbanzo beans and gently fold in tofu. Add spinach and cover. When spinach is tender, remove from heat and stir in basil.