Grilled Chicken Thighs Tandoori
Moist, luscious, and delicious. Just the right blend of spices make this chicken dish one of my most-requested. Great hot or cold. If using thighs with skin, you can put over direct medium heat for the last few minutes to crisp skin.
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 349
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 8h 55m
- 2 (6 ounce) containers plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 16 chicken thighs
- olive oil spray
- 1 In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, salt, pepper, cloves, and ginger. Mix in garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and coriander. Set aside.
- 2 Rinse chicken under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal. Turn the bag over several times to distribute marinade. Place bag in a bowl, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- 3 Preheat an outdoor grill for direct medium heat.
- 4 Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. With paper towels, wipe off excess marinade. Spray chicken pieces with olive oil spray.
- 5 Place chicken on the grill, and cook about 2 minutes. Turn, and cook 2 minutes more. Then arrange the chicken to receive indirect heat, and cook approximately 35 to 40 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.