Mexican Sour Cream Rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 3 In the pot with the cooked rice, mix the sour cream, green chile peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese.
- 4 Bake uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.