Unbelievably Awesome Barbeque Chicken Pizza
This recipe is simple, yet delicious. The chicken is prepared in a slightly different way than usual, but comes out deliciously! My husband and his best friend beg me for this. Great with Jay's Signature Pizza Crust recipe, also on this site.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 359
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 1h
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken breast in the skillet, and top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Cook 10 minutes, turn, and top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Continue cooking 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Cool slightly, and cut into chunks.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 3 In a small bowl, mix the remaining barbeque sauce and marinara sauce. Spread evenly over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Arrange cooked chicken chunks and red onion slices over the top.
- 4 Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro, and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.