- 1/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 Place the first seven ingredients in bread machine in order suggested by your manufacturer. Select dough cycle.
- 2 Turn finished dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead 5 to 10 times. Separate into 2 or 3 pieces. Roll with hands into strips. Braid or twist strips together. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk together 1 egg white and the water. Brush onto the top of the loaf.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.