This makes a huge meal-sized tray of nachos with lots of good stuff! You can adjust ingredient quantities to suit your preference. Serve with extra chips if required. Great for game day.
Servings per recipe: 12
Calories per serving: 432
Preparation time: 30m
Total cooking time: 50m
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (18 ounce) package restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream, or more to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is crumbly and no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water and simmer until beef mixture has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 3 Spread tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet; top with Cheddar cheese and dot with refried beans and ground beef mixture.
- 4 Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, watching carefully to prevent burning, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5 Top nachos with salsa, sour cream, black olives, green onions, and jalapeno peppers.