A zesty venison jerky that you can make at home in your oven. If you have a food dehydrator, you can dry the jerky in it by following the manufacturer's instructions. You can also reuse the marinade for additional batches.
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 111
Preparation time: 30m
Total cooking time: 16h 30m
- 1 pound boneless venison roast
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Slice meat into long strips, 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick. In a large releasable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, ketchup, pepper, garlic powder, onion salt and salt. Place meat in, and close bag. Refrigerate overnight. Knead occasionally, to evenly distribute marinade.
- 2 Preheat oven to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Place a pan on the bottom of oven to catch drips, or line with aluminum foil.
- 3 Place meat strips on a rack so that they do not touch each other, and dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours in the oven, or until desired consistency is achieved.