Rice with mushrooms, garlic, onion - who could beat that? My family loves this recipe! You can also use it as a main meal if you add cooked chicken after the rice is cooked. This recipe works equally well with white or brown rice, instant or otherwise. It always comes out delicious!
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 207
Preparation time: 5m
Total cooking time: 30m
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, garlic and green onion until mushrooms are cooked and liquid has evaporated. Stir in chicken broth and rice. Season with parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.