Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 3 1/4 cups fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually pour in milk, whisking constantly the entire time to avoid lumps from forming. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese. Add lemon juice, mustard powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- 4 Drain fusilli and fold into the sauce. Mix in tuna. Pour mixture into an 8-inch casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden, about 30 minutes.