Fried Tilapia with Oyster Mushrooms
Tilapia fillets are pan fried and served with a simple yet delicious cream sauce with oyster mushrooms. One of my go-to recipes during the week cause it is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 580
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 25m
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh oyster mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook mushroom until browned, about 5 minutes. Add cream, salt, and pepper and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Cut tilapia into large pieces and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
- 3 Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook tilapia until cooked through and browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Arrange on a plate and cover with mushroom-cream sauce.