Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti Squash
A great low-carb, paleo, clean eating recipe for shrimp scampi where noodles are substituted with spaghetti squash. If you prepare the spaghetti sqash in advance, it is ready in minutes.
Servings per recipe: 3
Calories per serving: 417
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 57m
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season spaghetti squash with salt and pepper and place cut side down on the baking sheet.
- 2 Bake in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool until easily handled. Scrape insides of squash into spaghetti strands with a fork.
- 3 Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Saute shrimp until pink, tossing often to prevent burning, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add spaghetti squash strands. Mix in lemon juice and zest. Serve sprinkled with parsley.