Halloween Fondant Ghost Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla frosting
- 6 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 8 ounces ready-to-use white fondant
- 12 raisins, halved
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- 2 Sift 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- 3 Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix in flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat until batter is just blended.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 16 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tin and cool completely, about 2 hours.
- 5 Frost each cupcake with a thin layer of white vanilla frosting. Place 1 marshmallow half, cut-side up, in the center of each cupcake.
- 6 Dust a work surface with confectioners' sugar. Pinch off walnut-sized pieces of white fondant; roll into thin circles that are slightly bigger than the cupcakes. Drape over the marshmallows so they look like ghosts. Poke 2 holes near the top for the eyes. Stuff 1 raisin half into each hole.