Instant Pot® Salsa Chicken
An Instant Pot® makes an easy weeknight meal even easier! Frozen chicken breasts are combined with taco seasoning and salsa for a tasty Mexican-themed meal. You can use the meat for tacos, burrito bowls, or as a topping for baked potatoes. So many possibilities! I used this the first night for chicken quesadillas. The second night I used it as a topping for baked potatoes with shredded cheese, pickled jalapenos, and sour cream.
Servings per recipe: 2
Calories per serving: 300
Preparation time: 5m
Total cooking time: 40m
- 1 pound frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Place chicken breasts in an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Sprinkle all sides with taco seasoning. Pour salsa and chicken broth on top.
- 2 Place lid on the pot and lock in place. Select the Poultry setting and set the timer for 15 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally after the cooking time has ended, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Shred the cooked chicken.