Easy Chanterelle Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cups fresh wild chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water, or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence, or to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and cook shallots until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chanterelle mushrooms and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add cream and cook until mushrooms are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir flour and water together and add to mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Season with salt, herbes de Provence, and pepper.