Lazy Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese
Wanted to eat a chicken Parmesan sub but didn't feel like spending the time cooking and breading chicken. So I opted to cut corners using frozen chicken patties and pre-prepared ingredients to make my life easier. Picked up the sub rolls and couldn't justify eating that many calories, so opted instead for sliced Italian bread and thin-sliced cheese. Turned out so surprisingly good, I thought I'd share. Enjoy!
Servings per recipe: 2
Calories per serving: 752
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 35m
- 2 frozen breaded chicken patties (such as Tyson®)
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter, or to taste
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 6 thin slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place chicken patties on a baking sheet.
- 2 Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and crispy, about 20 minutes. Cut chicken patties in half lengthwise.
- 3 Spread garlic butter onto 1 side of each bread slice.
- 4 Mix marinara sauce, basil, and garlic salt together in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until warmed, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir.
- 5 Place 1 bread slice, butter-side down, into a skillet; top with 2 slices provolone cheese, 1 tablespoon marinara sauce, 2 chicken patty halves, overlapped to cover bread, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, 1 slice provolone cheese, and bread, butter-side up. Cook over medium heat until bread is crisp and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 6 Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over remaining marinara sauce and serve alongside each sandwich.