Cathy's Gluten-Free Oatmeal Waffles
If you are bored with your morning bowl of oatmeal, here's a great alternative. Make lots of extra, freeze, and toast them on demand. Serve with butter, maple syrup and sliced banana …yummy!
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 235
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 20m
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature, separated
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Grease with cooking spray.
- 2 Combine oats and almond milk in a large bowl.
- 3 Whisk egg yolk and butter together in a small bowl; stir into oat mixture.
- 4 Beat egg white in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 5 Stir brown sugar and baking powder into the oat mixture. Fold beaten egg white gently into the batter.
- 6 Scoop 1/2 cup batter onto the preheated iron and spread to the edges. Close iron and cook until iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.