Carne Asada Breakfast Fries
This versatile dish with chunks of grilled carne asada is served with a spicy diced tomato-onion blend, shredded cheese guacamole, cilantro, shredded cheese, and a fried egg over a base of steak fries.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 661
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 1h 15m
- 1 (1 pound) beef skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons carne asada seasoning
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen steak fries
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 Season both sides of skirt steak with carne asada seasoning. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook steak until each side is seared, 6 to 8 minutes per side or to desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C). Transfer to a plate and let rest 10 minutes before slicing into thin slices and then into small chunks. Keep warm.
- 3 Bake steak fries according to package directions.
- 4 Combine tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl.
- 5 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook to desired doneness.
- 6 Divide fries among 4 serving places. Top with carne asada, some of the tomato-onion mixture, shredded cheese, egg, and guacamole.