Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 2 teaspoons milk, or as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread pecan halves on a baking sheet.
- 2 Toast pecans in the preheating oven, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, 6 to 10 minutes. Chop coarsely.
- 3 Whisk corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, bourbon, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir pecans, dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips into the filling.
- 4 Line a 9-inch fluted glass pie plate with pie crust. Brush milk over crust.
- 5 Bake pie crust in the preheated oven until hot to the touch, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour filling into the hot crust.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until edges are firm and center is mostly set, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool for at least 1 hour before serving.