Quick Taco Bake Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix (such as Jiffy®)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1/2 cup corn (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn chips, partially crushed
- 1 Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until brown and crumbled, 7 to 10 minutes; drain grease. Add taco seasoning; mix well. Stir in salsa and black beans; remove from heat.
- 2 Grease a 9-inch pie pan or casserole dish.
- 3 Mix corn bread mix, milk, egg, honey, and corn oil together in a bowl until batter is smooth; stir in corn. Pour batter into pie pan. Layer ground beef mixture over batter; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Top with corn chips.
- 4 Place in a cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake until sides are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.