Fall-Infused Mashed Potatoes
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- water as needed
- 5 white potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the halved acorn squash cut-side down in a glass baking dish; add 1/2-inch water.
- 2 Bake in the preheated oven until soft and tender, about 30 minutes. Remove squash from oven; scoop out flesh.
- 3 Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until soft and tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- 4 Mash potatoes partially in a large bowl; stir in squash flesh, butter, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Add milk gradually, mashing to desired consistency.