Easy and Spicy Thai Basil Chicken with Egg
- cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 Thai chile peppers, or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, or more to taste
- 1 chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 14 leaves Thai basil
- 1 Coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; cook and stir eggs until scrambled and set, about 5 minutes. Divide rice between 2 bowls and add eggs to rice.
- 2 Grind Thai chile peppers and garlic together with a mortar and pestle or in a food processor.
- 3 Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat; cook and stir pepper-garlic mixture until fragrant and garlic is golden brown, about 1 minute. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is about halfway-cooked, about 3 minutes.
- 4 Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar into chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes more. Add basil and stir for 10 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and continue stirring mixture until basil is wilted; spoon over rice and egg.