Key West Shrimp Boil with Key Lime Mustard Sauce
- Key Lime Mustard Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Key West Shrimp Boil:
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 12 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds raw shrimp, or to taste
- 1 Stir mayonnaise, lime juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, and hot pepper sauce together in a bowl until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate mustard sauce for at least 2 hours.
- 3 Mix beer, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together in a saucepan; bring to a boil and add shrimp. Cook shrimp just until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 2 minutes; drain immediately.