Cucumber Cups with Dill Cream and Smoked Salmon
Classic combos are classic because the flavors go well together! Dill, cucumber, and smoked fish are combined with a bit of lemon to perk things up. Small pieces of smoked trout would be a good substitute for the salmon in this pretty, easy, no-cook hors d'oeuvre. Cucumber cups can be assembled and kept chilled in an airtight container 1 day ahead of time.
Servings per recipe: 12
Calories per serving: 49
Preparation time: 40m
Total cooking time: 40m
- 1 1/3 large cucumbers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 2-inch strips
- 24 small fresh dill sprigs
- 1 Trim ends from cucumbers and cut crosswise into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) rounds. Scoop a 1/2-inch-deep depression from one side of each round with a small melon-baller, forming little cups. Drain cucumbers, cup sides down, on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- 2 Beat cream cheese, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture into each cucumber cup. Top each cup with 1 salmon strip and 1 dill sprig.