Baked Turkey Tetrazzini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed leftover cooked turkey
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, onion, and celery until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture and stir to coat.
- 2 Mix milk, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and nutmeg into mushroom mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is melted and sauce is warmed, 5 to 10 minutes. Add turkey and peas to sauce.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 4 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and mix noodles into turkey mixture; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- 5 Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and 3 tablespoons melted butter together in a bowl until crumbly; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until top is browned and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.