Loaded Queso Fundido
Mexican fondue loaded with flavor. Additional fillings could be added to this easily: shrimp, crawfish, black olives, etc. Great over chips, baked potatoes, or just about anything.
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 719
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 35m
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds shredded American cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 3 links Mexican chorizo, casing removed and meat crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, or to taste, minced
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Bring chicken broth to a boil in a pot; add American cheese, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese melts into the broth, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute chicken and chorizo in oil until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, green onions, and garlic; saute until all vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir chicken mixture into the melted cheese; bring to a simmer. Stir Cheddar cheese into the mixture and cook until completely melted, about 5 minutes.