Simple Slow-Cooked Korean Beef Soft Tacos
This recipe was handed down to me by a Korean friend. So full of flavor! I wanted to share it with you all. I did tweak it a little to add more spice. Feel free to tweak it yourself!
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 456
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 8h 15m
- 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 16 (6 inch) corn tortillas (optional)
- 1 Put chuck roast into the crock of a slow cooker; add onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno pepper, ginger root, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- 2 Cook on High for 8 hours (or on Low for 10 hours). Shred meat with a pair of forks and stir into the liquid in the slow cooker.
- 3 Serve with corn tortillas and your favorite toppings.