Chef John's Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri is a fabulous green sauce that's been steadily growing in popularity across the American restaurant landscape. This herby, garlicky, tangy, spicy, and very green condiment is great on all kinds of grilled meats.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 255
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 15m
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 bunch flat-leaf Italian parsley, stems removed
- 1 Combine oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, cumin, red pepper flakes, black pepper, cilantro, oregano, and parsley in a blender.
- 2 Pulse blender 2 to 3 times; scrape down the sides using a rubber spatula. Repeat pulsing and scraping process until a thick sauce forms, about 12 times.