Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Macaroni Salad
The delicious flavors of crisp crumbled bacon and tangy fresh tomato that you love in a BLT sandwich dress up a bowl of macaroni salad that's perfect for a light lunch or side dish.
Servings per recipe: 12
Calories per serving: 322
Preparation time: 20m
Total cooking time: 2h 30m
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups diced celery
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until chilled. Transfer macaroni to a large salad bowl.
- 2 Stir mayonnaise, vinegar, celery, tomato, green onions, Cheddar cheese, salt, and black pepper into macaroni until thoroughly combined. Cover and chill salad at least 2 hours.
- 3 Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. Let bacon cool; crumble when cooled.
- 4 Mix bacon into macaroni salad to serve.