Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 4 cups peeled and sliced potatoes
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 pound Cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Layer half the potatoes, half the ham, and half the onion in an 2-quart baking dish; repeat the layers.
- 3 Heat milk, peas, flour, butter, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4 Stir Cheddar cheese into sauce until cheese is melted.
- 5 Pour sauce over potato and ham mixture; sprinkle with paprika.
- 6 Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- 8 Remove foil and continue baking until lightly browned, about 15 minutes more.