Moroccan Spicy Carrot Salad
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Combine carrots, water, garlic, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a shallow pan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until carrots are tender and water evaporates, about 20 minutes.
- 2 Stir vinegar and cumin through the carrot mixture.
- 3 Remove the pan from heat and set aside to allow salad to cool to room temperature.
- 4 Garnish with cilantro to serve.