Grilled Turkey Reuben Sandwiches
The restaurant I worked at in college made these amazing turkey reuben sandwiches. They are a hit with everyone, and surprisingly easy. Feel free to adjust the sauerkraut to taste, but don't skimp on the thousand island dressing!
Servings per recipe: 2
Calories per serving: 760
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 20m
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 10 ounces sliced deli turkey meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices marble rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons thousand island salad dressing, or to taste
- 1 Warm the sauerkraut and turkey, separately, in a microwave-safe bowls for 30-seconds; set aside. Spread butter generously on one side of each slice of rye bread, then spread the thousand island dressing on the other side. Divide the sauerkraut, turkey, and Swiss cheese on two slice of bread with the butter-side down. Stack the remaining two slices of bread with the butter-side up on top.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Arrange the sandwiches on the skillet and grill until lightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes on each side.